“Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
I am passionate about structuring & syntheses and you will often find me practicing my skills of listening and storytelling - in that order. I believe in the “Less is More” philosophy and consider simplicity as a driving principle in doing any work. I am currently experimenting with data visualization, teaching, djembe, freelance consulting, coding, and cooking in a tandoor. When not playing with my computer or reading a book, you will find me working with my son - Siddharth - to learn new skills.
I used to work as a management consultant for nine years - first with AT Kearney in India and then with Booz & Company, now Strategy& in Europe. I am now an independent strategy consultant working or not working on my own terms. I also completed my undergraduate B. Tech degree from IIT Delhi and a PGDM from IIM Ahmedabad.
I now write, teach and consult on a number of topics which are of current interest to me. These include (but not limited to):
- Teaching data visualisation, data science and data-stories
- Speaking with stories, presenting with impact
- Strategy for companies and start-ups
Even so, my primary work is to stay curious about new things, projects and opportunities. To enjoy the journey of learning new things as they unfold.
Do you want to work with me. Excellent. Why don’t you drop an email at email@example.com or call me at +91 9739 268 197 or tweet me at @amitkaps to let me know more about the nature of the opportunity. I would be more than happy to give it my full attention.
“In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.” ― Ansel Adams
- Narrativeviz Consulting: Working under this legal entity where I do all by own workshops, teaching and consulting work. [2013 onwards]
- Unnati Data Labs: Advising and conducting workshops with the folks at this full stack data science consultancy [2016 - 2017]
- Artoo: Mentoring and advising on data science and visualisation at this fin-tech startup. [2015 onwards]
- Springboard: Teaching data science as a mentor in the data science track. [2014 onwards]
- Utsmaya: Conducting workshops on storytelling, role-plays and percussion (djembe). [2013 onwards]
- Amable: Contributed to the digital infrastructure for this experiment in empowering children. I was the Chief Tea Officer (CTO). [2012-2014]
- Kathalaya: Coordinated storytelling for business / corporates and designing the website. [2012-2014]
- Booz & Company, now Strategy&: Managed strategy and operations consulting projects for Consumer and Retail companies in Europe [2005-2010]
- AT Kearney: Part of strategy and operations consulting projects in India and South Asia [2001 -2004]
- IIM Ahmedabad: PGDM (MBA) [1999 - 2001]
- IIT Delhi: B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering [1995 - 1999]
About the site
This web presence is handcrafted by me. All the content on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/